Here are a few interesting stories that have turned up in the blogosphere in recent weeks.
– The Independent reviews Best European Fiction 2010, which includes a ghost story by Portugal’s Valter Hugo Mae and a “futuristic tale” by Georgi Gospodinov from Bulgaria.
– Chad W. Post ponders the value of automated translation tools.
– K.E. Semmel reviews Olga Slavnikova’s novel, 2017 (translation by Marian Schwartz) which is set in a near future Russia facing an environmental catastrophe.
– Haikasoru editor Pancha Diaz talks about the Tiptree-winning graphic novel, Ôoku.
– And Nick Mamatas discusses “The anarchy of translation”.