Jeff and Ann VanderMeer have recently returned from a visit to Finland, and they have posted several reports from the trip. Many of these talk about the writers and editors that they met while they were there. Here are some interesting links.
- Ann talks about a story she bought for Weird Tales from Leena Likitalo
- Jeff interviews Toni Jerrman, editor of the Finnish magazine, Tähtivaeltaja
- Jeff interviews Finnish editor and critic, Jukka Halme (Part I and Part II)
- Jeff interviews writer Johanna Sinisalo
- Jeff interviews writer, Viivi Hyvonen
- Jeff interviews writer, Anne Leinonen
- Jeff interviews writer, Saara Henriksson
- Jeff interviews writer, Sari Peltoniemi
- Jeff interviews blogger, Tero Ykspetäjä
While some of the Finnish writers, such as Hannu Rajaniemi and Leena Likitalo, can write directly in English, many of these fine writers rely heavily on translators to bring their work to the English-speaking world. Jeff and Ann have given us a good idea of the wealth of talent that exists in Finland. The next step is to make those writers available to a wider world.